The first Institute of its kind in the Jewish World, the JIB still adheres to its original protocol “to help raise a student’s self esteem so that he will not depend on others for help, but will himself become a helpful member of society”.
The Jewish Institute for the Blind has served the blind and partially sighted children of Israel for over 100 years. Established in the Old City of Jerusalem in 1902, the Institute has grown into a widely respected Jerusalem landmark. The first Institute in Israel to care for the blind, the JIB has always excelled in providing special education to the exceptional child. Presently, the Institute provides a wide range of activities for education, rehabilitation, health and social welfare for the blind and visually impaired in Jerusalem and throughout the country.